Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Certain kinds of change are hard. We will be experiencing a family change this year.

Since my dad died in 1974, we have gone to my mom's to spend Halloween with her. For some reason we didn't want her to be alone that night, and it stuck all these years. She would put a big pot of chili on; and, one by one, we would all come for supper.

Sooner or later the torch always gets passed (or dropped), and that will be true for us this year. As we age (sadly), change is necessary.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

The thing that I miss, as time is marching on, is Christmas at my grandparents house with the whole family. My grandpa, the patriarch of the family, passed away on march first of this year. He hasn't had Christmas at his house since my grandma passed away but he was always here at my house. Our house is where we do Christmas now. This little cluster of holidays is what remind me that things are changing!