Wednesday, August 8, 2007

A renowned author has asked, "What would you attempt if you knew you would not fail?" I have been pondering that question for weeks.

We are programmed with fear so early in our lives----and it has influenced our tomorrows. Of course, there is both healthy and unhealthy fear; but I am looking at the unhealthy fear. We are given so many opportunities to better ourselves; but, for different reasons, we take a pass. Why is that?

Twenty-five years ago my doctor told me I would be diabetic if I didn't get my extra weight off. His prediction came to pass about five years ago. What kept me from losing the weight, from grabbing the opportunity that assured good health? I am thankful for second chances, for the author's thought-provoking quote.

1 comment:

Rural Writer said...

It's a great quote, isn't it? and - Thank goodness for second chances!