Thursday, August 9, 2007

Yesterday was a day of encouragement----we need those once in awhile. Someone very close to me (my little brother!) asked if I was losing weight. (Hello!) For him to notice brightened my day.

It's amazing, though, how far that little comment took me. Kind words are a medicine to the soul. I sailed through yesterday----and am still sailing this morning. I need to encourage someone today, to help make their day a little brighter. How does that phrase go, "Pass it on."?

It's easy for me to wrap myself up in my own life (and family), forgetting those around me. It is good to be reminded "it's not about me" but about the Lord Jesus Christ and His love for the whole world. Give a word of encouragement today.



1 comment:

Me said...

You're so right - one little word of encouragement can mean so much to someone. Sometimes we don't even realize how much! Thanks for the reminder we need to encourage others. It's easy to forget!