Wednesday, June 27, 2007

This is a new day. Isn't it wonderful to be able to say that. I had a bump in the road yesterday--you know, the ups and downs of life--and it sent me whirling for awhile with a feeling of "not this again." But a new day dawned, and I praise God for that.

With this new freedom from thinking about my weight loss, I have an energized focus that helps me move through the day without the feeling of being overwhelmed. That is a gift; money can't buy it. For those of you who have been there, you know what I'm talking about. It's a "get out of jail free" card.

My walk this morning was with a full orchestra. Every bird was singing its part, every bird was right on key. They were praising their Creator, and they led me to do likewise. "Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let Your glory be over all the earth."

My weight loss today was a blessing--one pound. God has brought me halfway to my goal in two days. Who else could do that? I so enjoy food. When I plan what I am going to eat, the sky is the limit (except for the three week restriction on dairy and sugar). I am careful with my portion size and take the time to savor each small bite on my daily journey to good health.

No comments: