Wednesday, July 18, 2007

I walked in a light rain this morning. (I almost went back to bed!) I'm glad I pushed myself---my heart didn't care that it was raining!

Today is a better day, because yesterday was a better day. It's funny how one influences the other. Today's successes are tomorrow's rewards---that is something I need to remember when I feel like overeating.

My focus too easily gets off of the big picture. Sometimes I wonder if I'm afraid of succeeding. Why do I do what I know is harming me?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read recently that since we are familiar with having the extra weight, we find it threatening to "change" because being thinner is new and unfamiliar. Knowing that you are working on it has helped me. The #'s are starting to creep up on me too. It seems to make since to deal with it now instead of when I have more of a challenge. Yesterday I made myself finish my water bottle before eating anything else. Keep up the good job!

Anonymous said...

I agree... I think we're afraid to change. Doing what is familiar is easier, and BEING what is familiar is easier.