Tuesday, July 10, 2007

This is another day I chose not to weigh myself.

What is it about scales that has so much power over us? I've even broken doctor's appointments because of the dreaded words, "Step on the scale." I know I'm doing many things right but still think the scale is the final authority. It has become too powerful, so I am going to give some space between it and me.

I want to stay positive, though knowing this is not a quick-fix program. Of course, I would love it if I could lose ten pounds a week and have the scale become my new best friend; but reality says......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. (If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada. If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).

Rural Writer said...

Getting weighed at the doctor sparked a big discussion on one of my email groups. The bottom line? You don't *have* to get weighed if you don't want to. Just say "no"! (How's that for a new twist?)