Monday, July 9, 2007

Thanks goodness it's Monday. (That's a new one!) I'm glad to be at the beginning of the week and back on solid ground. "Joy cometh in the morning....."

The reunion went well in some ways and was disappointing in others. I didn't want to address the backyard food table, so I stayed inside most of the time only putting two items on my plate, (although I had several appetizers earlier). Because of this, I missed many opportunites to visit with my relatives who sat outside. I was so afraid I would start overeating and hitting the dessert table that I isolated myself. (I had heard there was fresh Lemon Meringue Pie, for one thing!)

So, I feel I did the best I could with such a big event thrown at me so early in my new weight-loss program. I did eat more than I would have if I had been home, so I'm thankful to be back in my safe routine. There will always be some kind of celebration to deal with; and, hopefully, I will do even better the next time. This journey through life is a process. "As for God, His way is perfect....."

I have my first doctor's appointment (on Wednesday) since I started My Journey To Good Health. I had blood work done last week for this appointment and am excited to see the results. I was eating wrong, not exercising, and heavier when I had earlier blood work done and was put on the "triple-threat list"-----blood pressure, cholesterol, and blood sugar were all too high, (not to mention my weight!). I hope getting up at 5:30 every morning and walking two miles is paying off. How can it not?

1 comment:

Rural Writer said...

Now that's dedication, getting up so early every morning to go walking. Hope your appointment brings lots of good news.